Post 7 >> Carrer-Related Website OR An Expert on your Field

For this post, you have to choose only ONE of these 2 options:

Post 1 (Instructions). 


Write about a career-related website that you enjoy visiting.



You have to:

- Provide the link
- Describe the website (sections, features,etc)
- Say how often you visit the site
- Explain why you like the site.

>Add comments to 3 of your classmates’ blogs + a comment on your teacher's post

>Word Count: 170

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post 2 (Instructions)

Who is a person/expert on your field that you admire?

Say:

-Who she/he is. (short biography)
-What she/he has done. (examples of their work)
-Why you like her/him.
-Include his/her image

> About 170 words
>Add comments to 3 of your classmates’ blogs + a comment on your teacher's post.


Well to be honest it was not easy for me to start writing this blog. I was not sure about which topic I should choose. At the end I have decided to talk about an expert on my field.

Well to be honest it was not easy for me to start writing this blog.
I was not sure about which topic I should choose.


At the end I have decided to write about an expert on my field. I remember that when I started studying I did not know what subjects I would have. One of them caught my attention immediately. That subject was phonetics and phonology. I had 3 semester of this subject and it was not easy but on my first year the teacher asked us to work with this really nice book, its name is phonetics and phonology, it was written by Peter Roach.

Peter Roach is a british phonetician, he was born in 30 June 1943. He is a graduate of Psychology and Philosophy, after that he studied at Manchester University where he studied teaching English overseas. Then, he decided to start his postgraduate studies, the course he took was Phonetics. He also completed a PhD. He retired in 2004.

I really like his book because it helped me a lot when I was a student. I still use it sometimes. When I was a student it was hard to understand the different chapters but now that I read it well it isn’t that easy but it isn’t as hard as it used to be.


This is Peter Roach
This is the book that I use, but now there is a fourth edition.

 

Comments

  1. I think that the phonetic and phonology in every language is amazing and complicated

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is good to find a book that helps you to this day in your field, in my case books always help me in my study.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had never read about Peter Roach, this is the first time. Phonetics and phonology seem very difficult, I think I would not be able to pass them if I studied pedagogy in English.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that studying phonetics and phonology must be very complex, I am very glad that the book has helped you professor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For me is very difficulty write a post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems to me that phonetics is a very interesting subject in language, what joy that in these times the book has another meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This topic sounds very interesting. I use books frequently, and yes the books are the best allies for the students.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think one of the hardest part is phonetics so I can learn to speak more fluent English.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an interesting book, you sure spent a lot of time learning from it . Very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  11. For me phonetics has always sounded like something very difficult. For this branch of study should be made very useful this book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How interesting to know about phonetics and phonology, I imagine it is a very useful tool to learn to speak English well

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel that this book is very difficult jsjssj

    ReplyDelete
  14. The book looks very interesting when I have time. I will check out

    ReplyDelete
  15. it cost me to choose,very interesting

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts