Post 2 >> Why did you choose this Career/study Programme?

  Write about:


- Your dream jobs when you were a child
- Other career options that you had at the moment of applying to university
- What made you decide in the end
- Your experience at university until now
- The kind of job you would like to have

> Word count: 130 words
> Don't forget to leave comments on three of your classmates posts and on your teacher's post as well.

I can't really remember if I had a dream job as a child ... I think I never really thought about professions until I was forced to it. However, after finishing high school I had some options like kinesiology or occupational therapy because I wanted to help people but then I realized that I can't deal with injuries so it was not my area at all. I'm not really good at maths either so I guess my options were always closer to the humanist area.

One thing that helped me decide to become an English Teacher was the fact that with English I had different job possibilities like working at schools, institutes, higher education, tourism, as english tutor, etc. Moreover, I enjoyed teaching so I think I made the right choice.
Before getting to Universidad de Chile I worked in other places like schools and english institutes but I didn't like all the bureaucracy of these institutions. At this moment, I feel comfortable working with university students because they are responsible at this age and I like to meet people from the different faculties. 

I don't know for how long I'll be working here, or if I'll continue as a teacher for many years but there's one thing I know... at the age of fifty I'd like to move to the south of chile and work there in something different, I don't know... maybe something related with tourism. Well, this is for now maybe I'll change my mind in the future, you never know that's around the corner.

Comments

  1. I lot of people when are thinkin in study somethin with blood then the don't want to do it because of the blood. Is really nice when people love what they do, I hope that to can still like teacher for a lon time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good plan to go south haha ​​and I'm glad that you feel good teaching, that shows vocation

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I finish my studies I would like to have a pharmacy and go to the south of Chile to live, too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Professor I try to be as responsible as possible haha. Good thing you decided to teach, it does super well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that you will be able to continue working as a teacher for many years to come. I also hope you can fulfill your dream of living and working in the south of Chile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not good for the maths too :c but i like challenges, and is so important for all scientist careers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The option work in the tourism is great, because you could also know beatiful places.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being a professor sounds interesting, I hope you continue as Universidad de Chile's professor for many years.

    I love living in the south of Chile, I recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. cool!! I also want to live and to work in the south

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tourism is interesting !!, because permit know new places and be a guide to people

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is difficult to remember the wishes of a child, the same thing happens to me.
    Why was there so much bureaucracy in the other places of work? what is the difference with this university?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tourism is fantastic, new pwople, new places...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Where would you like to live? All The south of Chile is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. being a teacher is too important a task for the society. It's good to have teachers who love what they do

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish a lot of success in your professional and personal projects.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Occupational therapy is a very beautiful career.

    ReplyDelete
  17. it's wonderful that you find your calling and be happy with your work

    ReplyDelete
  18. i like teaching too but with kids it must be a real challenge jajaj, its so important study and do it what you want.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You also have options to go outside of Chile because of your knowledge of the English language, this is cool

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is interesting to know that you already have something in mind for your future, that is to go to the south of Chile.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would have liked to study English, it is very interesting and important. where did you study?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts